Mission of Career Counselling Department
Help our students identify their academic goals and aspirations and ensure that it’s in line with their larger purpose in life.
We handhold students right from subject selection, to launching themselves in undergraduate colleges as mature adults, caring and serving not only themselves and their families but also the entire world.
“We know what we are, but know not what we may be” – William Shakespeare
Mission of Career Counselling Department
Career Counselling Department
Career Counsellor: Ms. Jaya Kalsy
Phone: 020 66355548
What should I do after my schooling is over? Which college should I go to? What career path should my child take? What is the right path for me?
Student who are in the final years of their middle school and their parents have many such big questions in their mind. A crucial phase of every student’s life is choosing the best courses and universities for their career after 12th Grade. Choosing the right career option is one of the most important decisions that the child and the parents have to take. Parents and students do a lot of research to find out the most suitable course and the best university to enrol. Choosing the right career option is necessary to face the tough competition in world. In addition to this, selecting the right educational institution is equally important.
Victorious Kidss Educares provides solutions to all these career related queries of students and parents. VKE has a team of experienced and qualified career counsellors, which is headed by Ms. Jaya Kalsy, who is also the MYP Coordinator of the school. The career counsellor helps in discovering the potential of the students and advising them the right course. With an increase in the number of opportunities in the market, the importance of career counselling has also increased manifold. Building the motivational level of a student is necessary for long term success and improving the overall performance of a student. Career Counselling at VKE helps student organize their thoughts and ideas and helps them make the right decision. It is an effort to boost their confidence and morale and provide them the skills and attitudes necessary for success in their higher education and life after that. Students nowadays have started exploring various options depending on their talent and interest. Right decision at the right point of time can only make their life successful. To help students make the right choice, career counselling department collaborates with various universities and organisations and offers career guidance to students. We invite many universities on campus and help students make the right choice, at the same time to give real-life experience and boost student portfolio we help them get summer internships in many respected organisations.
Basic Framework of the Department
|Acquisition||Maintenance||Development||Building a culture|
|Individual Career and Academic Plans
||Guiding students with the nuances of writing effective College Essays, Personal Statements and also coordinates with the teachers and students for the letter of teacher recommendations as per the desired criteria.
Organizing Student Development Workshops, University Fairs, University Visits and talks by eminent persons/alumni so as to expand the horizon of the student mind.
Create a school profile to be shared with universities
|Career counselling programs are based on the principles of self-development, career exploration and career management
We help students get Organised with respect to career counselling
Self-analysis checklist (every student makes this excel)
Endorsing the message, ‘Study what you really like’
Poster campaigning from time to time.
We provide regular career counselling sessions to students to help them know the advantages and challenges of various streams and career path on offer. Students and parents are guided to make informed choice through career assessment. Making informed choices helps them to choose a path which is suitable and appropriately challenging and avoid the risk of changing career path later in their journey.
Admission after IB Education
IB education is one of the worlds most renowned and recognized education system. Higher education institute around the world admit students based on their IB results. VKE Career Counselling department provides excellent support for students in shortlisting Universities and helps them with their application process by providing necessary documents, transcripts, recommendation letters etc. To Know more about the Admissions after IB DP Please click here: http://www.victoriouskidsseducares.org/academic-programmes/admission-after-ibdp/
University Visits and Fairs
Career Counselling department continuously collaborates with various National and International Universities for securing admission for VKE students. Many of these universities visit the school to give information about their university, the courses they offer the eligibility requirements and scholarship opportunities. Details of some of the recent visits are given below.
Throughout the Month of August, 2016, the Career Counselling department organized Many University fairs. Many representatives from distinguished foreign and Indian universities visited VKE campus for the ‘UNIVERSITY FAIR’. The parents and students from MYP and DP interacted with them and gained insight about the different courses and admission related information. List of universities is mentioned below:
- IE University
- University of Illinois, Chicago
- American University
- University of Kansas
- LSU, Louisiana
- University of South Carolina
- University of Central Florida
- Auburn University
- Adelphi University
- James Cook University, Singapore
- HTMI (Hotel & Tourism Management Institute), Switzerland
- College of Fashion Design, Dubai
- Flame University, India
- University of New Mexico
- University of Wyoming
- University of IOWA
- RUTGERS University
- University of Findlay
- University of Delaware
- University of St. Andrews
- Augsburg College, Minnesota, USA
- GustavusAdolphus College, Minnesota
- NABA, Milano, Italy
- Temple University, U.S.
- California State University
- HULT International Business School
- Kings Pathways
These universities offer a wide range of courses in different fields like petroleum engineering, design, fashion, management, tourism, architecture, Information systems, Food and agribusiness, Earth science, Fashion merchandising, Architecture, Horticulture, Management Information Systems, Astronomy, Films, Art, Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Health Sciences, Media, Design, Fashion, Medicine, etc.
The career counselling department at Victorious Kidss has initiated an “Internship Program” for our Diploma Students.
Internship programs is a learning experience that is directly linked to a student’s subject of specialisation and career aspirations. Internships help students to apply classroom learning’s, theories and experiences to professional settings. In today’s competitive environment, mere academics will not suffice to achieve the higher goals of life; it is such kind of hands on experience that goes a long way in helping students create a niche for themselves.
Benefits of Internships to students
- Insight into an exciting concept that is very popular in western countries and other degree students in India
- Internship Programme gives students a glimpse into a particular course so that their decision to do that course for the next 3-4 years becomes stronger
- It gives them the opportunity to get a first-hand information of what the program will actually entail
- Better marketability when it comes for job prospects
About the Internship Program @ VKE
- The internship program is mandatory for every DP student.
- The internship program is designed for duration of 3-5 weeks. (Min – 1 week; Max 4 weeks) where students visit a particular organization and work in their selected area of interest.
- For example if a student plans to study engineering after diploma then he/she can undertake an assignment in an engineering set up.
- This will help them solidify their decision to take up that particular career
- Students have to complete the below Internship Instruction Form’ and submit to the career counselling department.
- The form contains the reasons why the student is choosing this particular organization and the particular assignment
- This will enable us to verify if he is doing his interns in line with his career aspiration.
- Students should select the subject of internship based on their area of interest and career objective.
- In cases where students have more than one career aspiration, you have the choice of doing your 1 week of internship in one area of preference and the 2nd week of internship in the other area of choice.
- In some cases they may opt to choose a particular internship based on the course work that they have taken up or any other substantial and significant experiences and educational opportunities that they have had in the past.
- The career counselling department will verify all the above and give a consent for the internship program.
- If students do not prepare for their internship or do not continue their internship program, they will obtain lesser grades in their IAs and the Career counselling department will not be responsible for their admission process thereafter.
- On completion or during the internship, students should start the preparation of the following:
- a weekly journal of work activities and observations as they relate to theory;
- a formal paper (8-10 pages) which integrates experience, applied theory, and perceptions of the job;
- a portfolio of work/product samples;
- an interview protocol and data from interviews conducted with organization personnel to obtain information about their jobs and background;
- a publishable abstract as a result of reading a business book on a related topic]
- As a requirement of the Internship experience students should also submit at the end of the semester:
- The Intern Evaluation form provided by the School and completed by your respective reporting manager at work.
- “Intern Experience Letter” to be obtained from the organization.