Best Verbal Presentation Award
F1 in Schools™ is the World’s Largest STEM Based Technology Challenge where school students aged between 9-19 years design miniature F1 in Schools™ cars using CAD/CAM tools followed by manufacturing their designs on a CNC machine. The competition is currently live in more than 45 countries with India beginning with the Season 2.
The competitions happen at the Regional, National followed by the best teams representing the country in the World Finals to compete against 45 other countries and experience the world of Formula1.
During the course of the competition, the students develop a wide range of technical as well as inter-personal skills like:
• Students design F1 in Schools™ cars using the Autodesk Fusion 360 software
• Students apply a lot of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to design the most aerodynamic cars of the future
• Students use technologies like 3D printing for the various parts of their F1 in Schools™ cars
• Students develop a lot of Presentation and Interpersonal skills
• They develop leadership qualities and promoting team work
F1 in Schools™ India West India Regional Final was conducted at Billabong High International School, Thane, Mumbai on 23rd and 24th January 2019.
Two teams consisting of total 7 students from Victorious Kidss Educares participated in this competition.
Team 3 Bullets
- Devesh Kriplani – MYP II Inquirer
- Ojas Chandegave – MYP III Risk-taker
- Viren Narayan – MYP II Principaled
Team Skull Crushers
- Aryan Gandhi – MYP I Balanced
- Krish Agarwal – MYP II Principaled
- Rohan Basava – MYP I Inquirer
- Rudraaunsh Pandhe – MYP II Inquirer
After intense training and preparation each team designed and manufactured their cars. These cars were initially tested before the final round. The cars were scrutinized by the experts from F1 to check if they meet the technical specifications, after which teams were asked to modify the cars to meet the requirements. Each team gave a verbal presentation and engineering presentation to describe the process of making the car and its technical features.
All the teams set up their pit booth to display their cars and the designs. The judges went to each booth to see the display. After these rounds, the actual racing happened. Four rounds of knockout races were held after which the final race took place. Awards were given to the teams in different categories. The Team Skull Crushers from Victorious Kidss Educares won the Best Verbal Presentation Award.