Diwali Mela 2017 At Victorious Kidss Educares
Diwali celebrates the victory of Good over Evil, Light over Darkness, Bliss over Ignorance and Immortality over Death. It is the festival of lights – light that empowers us to commit ourselves to good deeds and brings us closer to divinity. This festival has a major religious significance for people not only in India, but also for Indian communities around the world. The ‘Festival of Sweets, Gifts and Fireworks’ gives us an occasion to gift something special to our loved ones. Diwali is certainly the biggest and the brightest of all Indian festivals. It is one of the greatest celebrations of the year.
This year Victorious Kidss Educares organized a grand ‘Diwali Mela’ on Saturday, 7 October 2017. Students, parents, their friends and relatives were invited to make this occasion more sparkling and exciting. There were colorful stalls, decorations and enthusiastic visitors who participated whole-heartedly in this event.
The highlights of this Diwali Mela were:
- The evening was lit up with colorful shopping stalls for clothes, accessories, homecare, cosmetics, books, stationary, chocolates, gifts, toys and handicrafts etc.
- Rock-climbing, archery and rifle shooting added an element of adventure to this day.
- VKE teachers organized various game stalls like ‘Bottle Flip’, ‘Fidget Fortune’, ‘Bucket Ball’, ‘Sudoku’, ‘Blow the Ball’, ‘Kick & Score’ and many more.
- To keep everyone engaged, we had stalls for mehendi, tattoos, nail art, Diya painting and also a ‘Selfie Corner’.
- To fight the hunger pangs, we had various food stalls including Café Coffee Day (CCD), the school tuck-shop, ‘Teos Nutripop’, fast food like pizzas, burgers, cold drinks etc.
- A stall of farm fresh exotic vegetables was also put up.
- As a part of their ‘CAS’, DP 1 (Diploma Programme ~ I) students had also put up their stalls. These included Xbox games like FIFA 18 and a stall of delicious homemade cookies by our students.
- The ‘Scary House’ was a thrilling experience for all.
- ‘Jumping Jack’ and a toy train kept the children busy throughout the evening.
- Motorcycle companies like Ducati and Honda had made their presence felt with their jazzy automobiles on display. Their collection contained the latest pride of their companies.
- Real Estate Companies and some publicly famous banks like Canara Bank and HDFC Bank had also put up their stalls.
- A Music and Dance Competition was organized in which people participated enthusiastically and the results were announced at the end. The first three winners were ‘Bianca and Mom’ group’s freestyle dance performance, Sahni Ashwana for singing and Divya Dance Academy for classical dance. These winners were given fabulous prizes and all the participants received certificates.
The event was a great success. The VKE school building was lit up with colorful lightings on the auspicious occasion of Diwali. The visitors came from different parts of Pune and everyone enjoyed this Grand Diwali Mela.
May The Divine Mother continue to bless with Prosperity & Lavish Abundance to all Parents, their Children, Teachers and Staff Members of Victorious Kidss Educares!